The area of school readiness often mystifies practitioners and for some has become misunderstood, overcomplicated and created unnecessary pressures. We have developed this product to be a useful resource for staff in settings and pre-schools in order to support their knowledge and understanding of the things that matter the most.
We spoke to schools, settings and parents during the making of this product and have worked on aligning the expectations of each of these groups in order to ensure we are working on the right things in children’s pre-school years, before entering Reception. In order to allow children to build up their learning we should be mindful of, but not be trying to overachieve in the Early Learning Goals before their time. We can work very much more on the life and social skills that often are not present in abundance on starting school.
This product offers specific advice and support on how to do this in a practical and realistic way.
The School Readiness: Transition to School: Being School Ready Toolkit contents are:
The range of Practitioners resources shown above alongside a PowerPoint Slideshow for use with Parents, a Parent ‘To do at Home’ Sheet, for you to print out and give to parents and a support sheet to help parents understand some of the differences between settings and school nurseries, when making their choices at 3yrs of age.
- A set of 9 NeverTear Keycards with Lanyard
- An A4 NeverTear Practitioners Poster
A USB that contains:
- PowerPoint Slideshow for Parents
- Parents ‘To do at Home’ Information Sheet
- Parents Frequently Asked Questions when considering the Pre-School Year
- Key Qualities for Practitioners, a useful CPD tool for practitioners to reflect on their own practice
- Transitions Sheet for Practitioners to complete
- What to expect, when for Parents 30-50mths and 40-60mths